Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A countdown and confession

ONE MORE WEEK!!! That's how long I have until I'm done with this semester. Honestly, I think I need this break more than ever before. This momma's TIRED of homework and feeling DEPRIVED of fun and creativity. I can't WAIT to get my craft on (and do other things that I want to do but don't have to)!

Now for the confession part. I notice I always feel better when I find that other people aren't perfect, like when I show up to a friend's house unexpectedly and they're still in their pajamas or their house is messy. I don't judge. I don't laugh. I think: YES! I'm not the only one! So now I'm going to help you feel better about any supposed shortcomings you might think you have with a couple confessions of my own.

  • I steal my kids' candy. After trick-or-treating, Easter egg hunts, birthday parties, etc., I go through their loot and pick out what I want and hide it for my own consumption. I'm talking about the good stuff, like Dove chocolates, Cadbury eggs, and SweetTarts Gummy Bunnies. And I don't even feel bad about it.
  • I only really clean my room about four times a year. By really clean, I mean pick up everything from the floor, hang stuff on hangers, actually put everything where it belongs, and completely dust and vacuum. In the months in between, I only do what is absolutely necessary. Nothing more.

Now it's your turn. What confession would YOU like to make to help everyone else feel better?

No comments:

Post a Comment