Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Super Easy Blueberry Muffins

My 4-year-old requested blueberry muffins for breakfast. I'm not a fan of berries, so I've never made blueberry muffins before, but blueberries just happened to be on sale at the grocery store so I figured I'd better try. I rifled through my recipe folder to see if there was something usable and found this recipe. You've got to love anything that uses a cake mix, right? I changed it a bit, made it a little more healthy, and came up with these:


They look super yummy to me and I don't even like blueberries!

Here's the recipe---
Preheat oven to 350*.
Mix until most of the lumps are gone:
  • 1 box cake mix (I used Classic White)
  • 1 egg (I used 1/3 cup Egg Beaters)
  • 1/2 cup oil (I substituted 1/2 cup applesauce)
  • 1/4 cup water
Stir in 1 pint fresh blueberries (frozen should work, too).
I used a mini muffin pan and baked for 13-15 minutes. You could also follow the original recipe and bake the batter in a 9x13 inch pan for 20-25 minutes.

The possibilities are endless with this recipe! You could use any flavor cake mix and a variety of stir-ins: other berries, raisins, Craisins, nuts, chocolate/white chocolate/mint/butterscotch chips, etc. Enjoy!

One happy boy!
There are only 2 muffins left out of the nearly 4 dozen we started with last night. I think they were a hit. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment