Friday, June 17, 2011

New semester

I am taking an insane 11 credits this semester, and my babysitter is coming a week and a half later than planned. Needless to say, I'm a little bit frazzled. Just a tiny bit. Thank goodness for kind neighbors and friends, and an understanding and supportive husband!

The new semester started 5 weeks ago with an online class, American Government and Politics. To be honest, I was really dreading this class-- it sounds like a total snooze-- but I'm actually somewhat enjoying what I'm learning. Shocker! The downside is that there are 3-4 quizzes per week, and each quiz requires at least 2 hours of study and preparation. Yikes.

Monday, I started the Family Law class with a professor that I had for all 3 classes last Summer. It took me the whole semester last year to decide that I liked him. Now I have to start all over. Have you ever talked to someone that made you feel stupid every time you ask a question, no matter how valid? Yup. That's him.

Last night was my first Litigation class. The teacher is a hoot, but I've heard her tests are brutal. Lovely. She had us do a getting-to-know-you activity to find things in common with each other since we were going to have to work together closely in groups for the next 8 weeks. One guy, right off the bat, asked me to guess how old he was. Not going to happen, my friend. He then asked if I played chess (I don't) and proceeded to tell me that learning to play the game would turn me into an excellent conversationalist. Um, is there something wrong with my current conversation skills? One woman, when she found out I am a stay-at-home mom, said, "Yeah, I don't work either." Excuse me?

My last class, also online, is Language Structure in Thought and Action...yeah. I'll keep you posted on what I think of that.

Anyway, in spite of some "interesting" fellow students and a hectic schedule, I think this will be one crazy, informational, memorable Summer. Things should simmer down in 3 weeks when my Am. Gov't & Pol. class wraps up and then I can have some FUN before it snows again. =) In the mean time, I have my monkeys to keep things lively and entertaining.

Don't you just love his unique sense of style? This kid is hilarious!

Glimpses of the AWESOME Minnesota Children's Museum that we will be visiting as many times as possible in the next six months.
SO much fun!


(He did the face painting himself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment