Sunday, June 12, 2011

End-of-School-Year Teacher Gift

My 2nd grader had an awesome teacher this year. It was her first year in charge of a classroom, and there were a lot of children my son's class that had serious behavior problems. It was quite a challenge, but she is a brilliant, fun, and enthusiastic teacher who worked very hard to get to know and understand the children as individuals.

For our end-of-school gift, my son wanted his teacher to have homemade bread and some new earrings. I had to tweak his original design, but he was happy with the finished earrings and the surprise matching bracelet.
I used white glass pearls and pink glass beads. I love how the opacity and irregular shape of the pink beads contrast but complement the perfect roundness of the pearls. I may have to recreate this for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment