Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Birthday Shirt

My middle child turned 5 right before Christmas!  He is such a sweet boy who doesn't ask for much.  The only thing he wanted for his birthday is a puppy, and that just wasn't going to happen.  
Since his birthday is just 2 days before Christmas, we usually celebrate with family and do our best to make it his special day.  This year, we had pancakes for breakfast, my parents took him bowling and to McDonald's for lunch, and we made him a fun birthday shirt (along with a few other presents).  
I'm actually pretty proud of my husband.  He's the one that found the perfect font (it's called "Creepy") and figured out how to use my Silhouette to cut it out of Expressions Vinyl T-shirt vinyl in green (the birthday boy's favorite color).  
We've never used iron-on vinyl before, but it was super easy and worked really well.
This shirt is perfect for my funny 5-year-old.  He was SO excited to wear it!  I have an iron-on create-your-own monster that I got on clearance at Target that we will add to the front this afternoon to complete the look.  I can't wait to make another one for our next birthday boy in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment