Friday, January 20, 2012

Tater-tot Crock Pot Meal

We had a potluck after church meetings last Sunday that I completely forgot about until late Saturday night.  Sunday morning, I scrambled to find something (anything) that I could throw in a Crock Pot and take with us.  It was kinda based on recipes I've used in the past, but I mostly did what sounded good to me. 

Here's what I used:
  • 1 bag of frozen tater-tots (I also added about a cup of frozen hash browns I had in the freezer)
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (I think it was reduced fat, but any kind is fine.  Cream of chicken would be good, too.)
  • 1-1/2 cups of milk
  • 1 cup of French fried onions
  • a generous scoop of lite sour cream (probably about 2/3 cup- regular sour cream would be fine)
  • 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese

Mix everything together really well in the crock pot, cook on high for 3 hours (stir occasionally) and then on low for another hour.  Stir before serving.

This was soooo good!  I liked it even better than the recipes I've used, and the bowl was scraped clean at the end so I'm guessing other people liked it, too.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment