Monday, August 1, 2011

Finally! A completed project.

People keep asking me how I "do it." How do I juggle 11 credits in 8 weeks with 3 kids? Well, let me tell you how I'm getting through this week of finals: caffeine by day, Tylenol PM by night, and babysitters. Lots of babysitters.

I did manage to sit down at my handy serger and trusty sewing machine for a bit Saturday morning to throw together a couple birthday presents for a Toy Story-loving 5-year-old. Here is the super easy cape with a kid-friendly I-can-do-it-myself velcro fastener.
(The birthday boy's mom doesn't like pictures of her kids on the internet, so I promised to pixelate his face.)
I was in such a rush (and ended up being 45 minutes late for the party) that I forgot my real camera (hence the poor quality cell phone camera image) didn't take a picture of the matching pillow case. Trust me. It was a hit. =)

This cape is super easy. Since I was in a hurry, I serged all the edges so I wouldn't have to hem anything. After that, it's just one long seam and 2 shorter ones. The velcro is iron-on. I'm telling you, this is the easiest, fastest cape ever!

I did an almost-no-sewing-required version for my oldest son's 6th birthday party. I made 12 of them-- yes, 12!-- for the guests to wear for the super-hero themed party and then take home in their goody bag. I have a few cut out and ready to sew next week, so I will post a tutorial then.

In the mean time, I have 2 finals to prepare for, so I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment