This is a favorite of the whole family, and with a house full of picky eaters that is saying a lot!
- 3 cups milk (I use skim)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups frozen Southern hash brown potatoes (the diced ones, not grated, although those would probably be fine)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can chicken or 1 cup cooked and chopped chicken (optional)
- onion, salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- bacon bits (optional)
- Combine milk, soup, corn, onions and potatoes in a large pot and bring to boil on high.
- Reduce temp to medium low for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until potatoes are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve and top with bacon bits and extra cheese if desired.
This is great served with a crusty bread or rolls.